Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A card for my wonderful neighbors...

A recently family health emergency landed my husband Steve in the hospital for 4 days and resulted in back surgery.  As you can imagine this type of event can quickly change the dynamics of your household. As usual my next door neighbors stepped right up to help. They took care of my daughter and took care of my yard/house and made sure I didn't have any of those things to worry about. Seriously, I have the best neighbors.  

Tonight I made an original piece of art for them on a card as a thank you for their generousity. The flower in the center I painted on my iPad while I was sitting with Steve in the emergency room.  I used ArtRage and my wonderful Sensu paint brush stylus. Love that brush!  The rest is mixed media with acrylic, Neocolor II, washi tape, Mister Huey and white out pen.

1 comment:

Deedee said...

This is so layered & interesting. Did you make it w the ArtRage app? If so, what stylus did u use. I love mixed media, zentangle & currently soooo addicted to ArtRage . I would love to get you recommendation of the best stylus to paint with and the best one to do line work as in ZT.
Great job on this piece, if u ever post a Tute let me know.
Happy creating!