Saturday, February 12, 2011

Two New Kindred Spirits and a Coffee Cup

Today I met with two lovely ladies and taught them how to create Zentangle tiles. They did a fabulous job. I had a wonderful time and the 3 hours just flew by.  They both seemed to really enjoy the experience and said they would continue to tangle (I warned them at the start that it could be very addictive).  They also wanted to know if I could do another class with some more patterns and maybe some additional ideas. We talked about other art that we do and found common ground. Seriously, I have found so many kindred spirits through my art. It's amazing to find people that you can be comfortable with in just minutes, people drawn to each other by a common interest. 

Zentangle itself has created so many connections for me.  Some I've connected with face to face and others through the magic of the internet.  For a group spread out all over the world it is an amazingly tight knit group.  I find inspiration and new patterns all throughout the many blogs and discussion groups I now follow.  I always wished for a community of artists to hang out with and now I have it!

Real quick I wanted to share my latest work with you.  A story of serendipity, I was thinking I should get a clear travel mug that you can insert a picture into and had even looked them up on the web for prices. I was thinking I'd tangle on the insert and I'd have myself a Zentangle coffee cup and a conversation starter rolled into one.  Well as luck would have it I found one of those travel mugs at the swap I went to in Richmond! I just finished the last pattern today. I love it!  I think I will do several sheets so I can switch it out for a new look. 

1 comment:

Cookie said...

Where did you purchase your personal drinking mug. These would be fun to add a zentangle to.

I noticed Oriental Trading Company carried drinking mugs with the paper inserts.

I'm curious of where you purchased yours.

Cookie